A very happy Thursday to all, bbs! Time for The Tea!
With piercing shops about to open up again, it's important to make sure to keep your safety in mind. Here's a few things to look for the next time you are choosing a piercer.
- One important thing you can look for is an APP certification. APP is the Association of Professional Piercers - an organization that is dedicated to health and safety when it comes to getting modded. This shows the shop/piercer is dedicated to continual education
- If a piercer isn't APP certified, that's ok too! There are other things to consider as well:
- Cleanliness: Is the shop clean? Do you see an autoclave? Are the piercers/tattoo artists using PPE (personal protective equipment)? Are there animals running around? Pay attention to your surroundings!
- Is the piercer kind and informative? Do they make you feel comfortable when you enter the shop? Attitude is important.
- Try not to coupon! Treat your body right, choose a high quality piercing (with a potentially better healing process) over saving a few bucks.
We got a huge response from our nipple piercing blog a few weeks ago, so we tried it again! We asked a bunch of Body Candy pierced/modded individuals what it was like to get their septum pierced. Everyone's body is different, and everyone's experience at the piercing shop is going to differ... It's always good to get a well rounded idea of what to expect before you head in. If you have your septum pierced, you should join the conversation too! Check out our latest blog, "What Does It Feel Like to Get Your Septum Pierced?"
Okay, time to talk collections. We're finally crossing the border from spring-ish winter into actual, warm springtime... Now that you're gonna be out in the sun and enjoying the nice weather, what better time than now to start nourishing your skin with some vitamin c serum? Our Christopher David brand vitamin c serum is AMAZING for you - it will protect you from harmful UV rays and protect your skin's brilliance. Speaking of sun, there is no better stone that shimmers quite like an opal. We've got an insane amount of opal jewelry for that amazing, shimmery, eye-catching look. Last but not least, y'all know I love ocean life - shining a little spotlight on some cutie starfish jewelry to rock next time you're poolside.
Do you have a question for me? Need some Alley advice? I love helping out our Body Candy fans, so if something comes up in your life and you need someone to weigh in, I'm your girl! Simply compose an email and send it on over to DearAlley@bodycandy.com. Sometimes I do a vlog where I answer questions on video, and I also answer 3 questions per week in our Saturday e-mail series, Dear Alley. Who knows, maybe your question will get answered next week! The BC crew works really hard to provide y'all with cool pierced and modified content every week. Thank you so much for coming back for Dear Alley, The Tea, and our weekly informational blogs!
Somehow, May is almost over... It's your last chance to snag one of this month's Monthly Club Subscriptions. Our BCMC's (Body Candy Monthly Clubs) are for the piercing/modified enthusiast who wants to grow their collection at an amazing price. If you want in, every month, we'll ship a triplet of jewelry treasures that will keep your piercings fresh, fierce, and fun. You're invited and we'd love to have you! We hand-select and personally pack every single one of our members' orders in a cute Body Candy bag as well. If you wear belly rings, nostril jewelry, cartilage jewelery, nipple jewelry, tongue rings, septum jewelry, labret jewelry, industrial bars... or even just love t-shirts or vitamin c serum, try us out today!