Hi! Hello! Happy Thursday bbs, excited for another edition of my weekly e-zine, The Tea.
- I think if I were to get a new piercing, it would be a medusa... So in honor of my daydreaming, we're gonna discuss oral piercings today!
- Mouthwash. Avoid it! It might seem like a good idea to swish, but a lot of mouth rinses have a bunch of harsh chemicals. Try a sea-salt swish instead.
- Def make an effort to avoid spicy foods/hard foods for a few days... Think bland stuff, like mashed potatoes or not-too-acidic smoothies (both of which are still delicious)!
- Make sure you are healing up with properly-fitted jewelry! As soon as you're ready, head back to your piercer to make sure your barbells/studs are the right size. This will minimize rubbing and the chance of biting down on anything.
- Disclaimer: Alley is not a doctor. If you are experiencing any medical issues, pain, discomfort, or anything else - head to a medical professional and/or your professional piercer ASAP!
Oral piercings... I used to have teeny tiny snake bites. Gotta be honest with you babes and say that I've never had or wanted my tongue pierced (although I think it's cute!). But for me, Alley, I'd be headed in to get a medusa. If you have a medusa or are thinking about getting one, you'd want to wear a labret stud in that mod, which I've highlighted in our first collection above. Spring break is coming up soon bbs, so don't miss out on the perfect chance to show off something new while you're chilling beachside in the middle of March ;)... Or should I say bee-chside! Bees are super hot right now and we've got bee jewelry for just about every piercing. Last but not least, if I DID get my medusa done, I'd def be tricking it out with a sparkly, shimmery opal stud. Our opal jewelry is always in high demand, so whether you have a belly ring, a nipple piercing, or some cartilage love, we've got an opal piece that's sure to work out amazingly for you.
This week's blog is in honor of my next hypothetical piercing. If I were to head into the piercing parlor, I would be headed in for a medusa. The medusa is trending pretty hard right now - it's a cute piercing located in the exact center of your upper lip, in the little indentation otherwise known as your philtrum. Learn more about it here: "Understanding Medusa (Philtrum) Piercings."
I hope you all have been enjoying our newest e-mail feature, our Saturday Dear Alley segment... We've been getting so many great questions, I just want to keep asking y'all to keep 'em coming! It's been really fun and eye-opening to see the piercing questions you're really wondering about... And it's even better to know we might be helping someone along the way. If you have a question, don't be afraid to e-mail your comment/concern/compliment to firstname.lastname@example.org for a chance for me to answer you personally! Dear Alley is just one of our weekly content series that are published on the Body Jewelry Blog. We write content that is made for the pierced and modified crowd - anyone interested in jewelry, mods, and tattoo content will feel right at home... If you like The Tea, Dear Alley, and our Facebook LIVE series, we'll see you there!
Do yourself a solid and sign up for one of our Monthly Club Subscription clubs! We're now shipping WORLDWIDE. You already know we have a gigantic selection of jewelry for just about every piercing and modded need... But now we've curated a cute monthly club that anyone can enjoy. Even if you're hard-up for cash, we've priced these just right... Think about it, $14.95 for three pairs of nipple rings?! Don't worry Body Candy Fam, we've got you. Sign up now and get fun body jewelry offerings right on time, every single month. We have a ton of friends and family that are buying these subscriptions as gifts too! If you or a loved one has nipple rings, nose rings, septum rings, belly rings, industrial piercings, labret studs, cartilage studs and rings... or even just likes t-shirts, join now!