The Tea: I'm Getting My Philtrum Pierced... Tomorrow!
Hey Body Candy Fam!
Hey, hi, hello! It's me, Alley, and you've made it to The Tea. Every week I make a little vlog where I talk about what's up in my world - usually something to do with piercing, being pierced, piercing jewelry, or otherwise being a modified individual. Thanks so much for joining me today!
I am SUPER EXCITED about this week's episode because I am FINALLY getting a new piercing that I have wanted for forever. I'm getting my PHILTRUM pierced... Well, tomorrow I'm getting my philtrum pierced. I just couldn't contain the excitement!
Obviously next week I'll show off my philtrum and talk all about what that piercing experience was like... But as for THIS week, I wanted to talk a little bit about the lead up to my piercing; why I decided to do it now; and what I've been thinking leading up to it.
Here's a little bit about my mindset going into my new piercing:
- I have wanted my philtrum pierced forever, forever, forever... Um, forever. Having known that I've wanted it for so long without changing my mind helped me know that this was the right decision for me.
- I am still finishing up my Invisalign treatment, but I did get the go-ahead from my dentist. That was step one for me - since the philtrum is located in the upper lip, I wanted to check with her to make sure that it wouldn't interfere with anything... Luckily, since I'm almost done with my treatment, she gave me the go-ahead.
- I did take the weather into account when thinking about getting my philtrum done. Right now, I'm staying home a lot and when I do go out, I'm typically outside. Even when I'm wearing a mask, the philtrum will sit comfortably beneath that. I'm usually bundled up during the winter time with scarves and sweaters, so I figured summer was the perfect season to get this done.
- I'm currently trying to decide on which jewelry I'd like to wear. I'm drawn to a pear-shaped piece of jewelry, but since the bar will be longer as I'm healing my medusa, I am concerned that I'll be fixing it a lot. I'm probably going to go with something more symmetrical while my medusa heals.
- I'm also thinking about the way my new piercing will look next to my other piercings. If I go for the pear-shaped medusa jewelry, I might have to change my current septum jewelry and I'm not ready to do that just yet.
More content below! ♡
For lots of us, being at the gym and working out has become a significant part of our daily lives. Working out is, after all, pretty important - whether you're in it for the weight loss, mood boost, or just to keep your mental health feeling tip top, it's important to get moving every now and then. But what happens when you want a new piercing but you still want to hit the gym afterwards? Isn't it important to keep your piercing immobile while you're healing? The answer isn't always no - but there are lots of nuances to answering this question effectively. If you're getting a belly piercing, maybe skip the crunches while you give your navel a chance to heal. Getting your nipples pierced? It might be a good idea to switch to cycling for a few months instead of the high-impact exercise of running. There's a lot to take in when it comes to the exercise/piercing relationship, and we covered it all in this week's blog: Can You Work Out With A New Piercing?
Let's talk a little bit about jewelry this week, bbs. Obviously the theme of today is the medusa, so I figured what better collection to feature than our large selection of medusa jewelry. Everyone's body is different (so you might be looking for a different size), but in general, you'll be wearing a labret stud in your medusa. Labret jewelry comes in so many different shapes, colors, and styles, so take a minute to peek through our huge selection via the link up above. Next, let's talk about one of the best possible stones for wearing in your labret - the opal! Opals are amazing for a number of different reasons, but the obvious answer is that they shimmer and sparkle in such a unique and eye catching way. With the medusa being such a stand-out piece, it makes sense to wear such a stand-out stone like an opal. Did you know that Body Candy has its own in-house master jeweler? That's right - they make 14k gold jewelry by hand every day. A 14k gold piece of body jewelry is something that is a good investment, no matter what type of piercing you're getting. It's a high quality metal that you can keep forever. Check out our massive selection of 14k options above!
Do you have a piercing question you've been trying to get off of your chest? Has something been puzzling you about your piercing, but you're not sure who to turn to? Need some general piercing advice from a completely unbiased source? Let me help! You can send your question to DearAlley@bodycandy.com. Every week I pick questions right out of my inbox to answer in either The Tea or my Saturday email segment, Dear Alley. Who knows, I might even pick your question next week!
July monthly clubs are currently in full effect! Every month, we here at Body Candy put together a bunch of monthly clubs for our exclusive monthly club deal. For $14.95 (and free shipping), you'll get three pieces of body jewelry gloriousness delivered right to your door. The best part? We've got a club for just about every type of piercing. You can choose from: belly button club; nose ring club; industrial club; tongue ring club; cartilage club; nipple ring club; septum/daith club; and the labret club (which is perfect for medusas). Don't wait, July's already halfway over - check them out now!