The Tea: Answering Your Piercing Questions, Vol. 8
Hey Body Candy Fam!
Happy Thursday! It's me, Alley. Welcome to The Tea. It's my every-Thursday blog where I get to talk about piercings, jewelry, and other fun stuff. Thanks for joining me :).
I got a TON of great questions this week from a bunch of lovely Body Candy customers - so we're going to be answering your piercing questions again! Check out my video to get the answers to the questions below.
- "I had gotten my belly button done three months ago. I decided to finally change it and was just wondering how to tell if the new jewelry is too small?"
- "I've just started a new job, where no piercings are allowed on the factory floor. All seven face/ear piercings are taken out for shifts, but I'm finding it a real nuisance. How do you know when it's time to just leave them out for good?"
- "I got my belly button pierced back in 2016. All was well had no problems at all until I had to remove it for a CT SCAN. I only had it out about 30 minutes max but when I put it back in it turned all red and sore! Why is this, any idea?"
- "I had my daith piercing done about a year ago. [After a few weeks] it started swelling and bleeding a lot. I ordered a bunch of stuff like tea tree oil to clean it, but it only seemed to upset it even further. Should I just take it out at this point?"
- "I just got my Medusa (philtrum) piercing 1 week ago today... I’m afraid that mine is placed too high and it also seems to be off center. Should I take it out and let it heal and then see about getting it re pierced?"
Septum piercings have become relatively common in today's society - they are a beautiful and elegant way to showcase beautiful jewelry in your nose! With these piercings becoming more and more common, individuals are looking for different ways to decorate those piercings. One such method is to insert a septum clicker into your septum piercing. As opposed to a horseshoe barbell or a subtle segment ring, a clicker tends to be a bit more ornate. It comes with a hinge that literally clicks open and clicks shut - hence the name. Insertion is simple - remove your old jewelry with clean hands, click open the septum clicker, insert the arm into your septum piercing, and click it shut. Pretty soon, you'll be wearing a brand new piece of jewelry that is studded with opals or features a unique and fancy design. Read all about these cute little clickers in our latest blog: What is a Septum Clicker? Understanding Septum Clickers.
Are you looking for something shimmery and sparkly that is sure to catch the eyes of everyone you meet?! Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit, but I do think that our opal love collection is one of our most beautiful when it comes to our body jewelry. There's something to be said about an understated opal - it looks different in different kinds of light and has fiery inclusions that shine in different ways. Be sure to click on the collection above to get your fill of our opals. I'd also like to recommend our matte collection, which is full of understated (but still colorful pieces) for just about every piercing. Y'all loved this collection so much that we diversified! We have matte industrial bars, matte labret rings, matte tragus earrings, matte belly button rings, matte eyebrow rings, matte BCRs, and much much more! Last but not least, Body Candy is super proud of our distinction of being the biggest body jewelry website in the world. Because of that, we're constantly bringing in new arrivals to keep all of our avid body jewelry fans engaged and coming back for more. When you visit our new arrivals selection, you'll see brand new pieces, fresh restocks of popular products, and probably some stuff you'd never even believe exists as body jewelry. What are you waiting for? Check out all of our new arrivals now!
I hope you enjoyed my latest edition of answering your piercing questions! My favorite part of working at Body Candy is interacting with pierced and modified folks all over the world... So I'm always all ears for more of your questions. Have you been wondering what a certain piercing is like? Do you think something is strange about your aftercare experience? Do you need an unbiased opinion on something that is bothering you? I've got you covered! Send over an email to DearAlley@bodycandy.com with your question... Who knows, you might end up on my next episode! Looking forward to hearing from y'all.
Our November monthly clubs are in and they are selling strong! Have you heard of our monthly clubs yet? It's an exclusive club of pierced/modified aficionados who love jewelry and love good deals. Each month, we'll hand-pick and hand-pack three (3) body jewelry pieces that we think are season appropriate and genuinely beautiful. We then pack them up and ship them right to your door, on-schedule, no questions asked. You can sign up for a month or a year (with two free months at the yearly rate). We have lots of clubs for lots of different piercings... The belly ring club; the septum and daith club; the industrial club; the cartilage club; the nose ring club; the labret club; and the tongue ring club. You're officially invited - sign up now!