Remember April Fools pranks from when we were kids? Whoopi cushions, hand buzzers, that nasty tasting joke gum… A few things have changed since then, but hopefully our senses of humor haven’t. After all, even adults need to have a little laugh once in a while, right?
As long as your tricks are harmless, good-natured, and don’t involve any vandalism, there’s no reason not to pull a few choice legs, especially if it ends up brightening someone’s spirits. So take a little time out for some light-hearted fun today. We promise we won’t tell. Here’s a few ideas to get you started:
1. Send your friends or coworkers hilarious anonymous e-cards.
2. Change your voicemail greeting to “Hello? Hell-ohhh? Is anybody there?…”
3. Make some caramel-covered onions and leave them somewhere on a tray labeled, “Caramel Apples. Help yourself!”
4. Change your friend’s cell phone background image to a photo of broken glass when they leave the room.
5. Fake new tattoos or piercings with clip-on jewelry or temporary tattoos. (This one is a great prank to pull on your parents.)
Just make sure that you come clean at the end of an awesome prank, even if it only means yelling, “April Fools!”