What's up? It's your girl, Alley. Reporting in for my weekly Thursday e-zine, The Tea :).
- X-rays! We've been getting a ton of cool submissions, so I figured I'd talk about what to expect from a bit of radiology.
- If you don't remove your jewelry, it will appears as a solid black/white blob on the image.
- It won't irradiate your jewelry. It won't send your jewelry bursting into flames... But it might obscure important medical information.
- Regular x-ray imaging and CT scans should be totally fine (despite the obstruction on the imagery). Even MRIs, which utilize magnetic fields, are probably ok... But may require a bit more caution and care. Trust your doctor or technician!
- No matter what, if you know you're about to have an x-ray, CT scan, or MRI - follow your doctor's advice or consult your professional piercer about utilizing some non-metal options.
Although most of the time it should be perfectly safe to wear your jewelry for an x-ray, you might feel more comfortable wearing a retainer to the doctor's office, even if it's just in case. If you're not familiar with our bioplast jewelry, its a clear, biocompatible material that can be inserted into just about every piercing. We've got a ton of options if that's what your doctor/piercer recommends, or if you'd just feel more comfortable wearing that instead. Also, you've got just enough time to pick up something cute for Valentine's day, too. We've got fun jewelry in all sorts of romantic shapes: heart jewelry, rose jewelry, arrows, naughty stuff, and much more! Finally, it's never a bad time to check out our brand new arrivals - we're always keeping our body jewelry stuff freshly stocked so you can keep your jewelry collections feeling fun.
On the x-ray theme, a bunch of Body Candy babes have been sending in their own personal x-rays featuring their body jewelry silhouettes. We've picked out ten of our favorites for a Body Jewelry blog this week. Head over and see what we picked out for our blog this week: "10 Fascinating Pictures of Body Jewelry in X-Rays."
Hopefully you're all tuning in for our newest e-mail segment, Dear Alley. If you have a question for Alley - we have good news for you! On Saturdays, we're offering even more juicy piercing/tattoo/content. You can even e-mail your own question in for a chance to get answered. We're constantly pumping out new content over on our Body Jewelry Blog for anyone interested in piercing and jewelry content... If you like The Tea, Dear Alley, and our Facebook LIVE series, check in from week to week to see what we're up to!
Last but not least, don't forget to sign up for one of our Monthly Club Subscription clubs. Did you know that Body Candy ships almost anywhere worldwide? Body Candy is the biggest and best Body Jewelry store online with a huge selection that just about everyone can enjoy. We've decided to step it up curate a club for just about every piercing - the most affordable options we could possibly offer. A cool $14.95 for three pairs of nipple rings is almost unheard of anywhere else. Sign up for a club and get body jewelry treasures every single month. The perfect way to make sure your collection stays new, fresh, and fierce. You can even get them as a gift for a month or for a year - a perfect choice for your pierced friends and family. Nipple rings, belly button rings, nose rings, septum rings, industrial bars, labret studs, cartilage rings and studs... even t-shirts. Join now!