Project Find a Piercer
Today on project piercer we are putting Jade in the middle of a town she's never been to to find a good piercer! Just kidding!
But we are picking a random city to see where to recommend going or to start your research journey into finding the piercer for you!
For this video, we chose a city through a random generator called Altoona, Pennsylvania. And Jade will show you the steps that she goes through in researching a prospective piercer, and we list the steps here below just for you guys!
- Start broad, just search in your search bar where you wanna go and "piercing shops" and see what comes up. This will give you an idea of what you have to work with.
- Check out the top ones that come up but pay attention to... reviews, ratings, photos, and it's good to check out their website to get a feel for the place and potentially check out their piercing professionals. Keywords to look out for in a review: CLEAN, COMFORTABLE, QUALITY. We love these words they're amazing! Other not so nice keywords to be wary of: GROSS, REJECTED, UNHELPFUL, INEXPERIENCED, UNCLEAN, ECTC. You get it.
- I like to slap on my FBI hat and take a look at their social media to go and search for more reviews with pics, consistency throughout their platforms, and to see if they were tagged in anything interesting. Through some super-sleuthing, you might be able to find the piercer and then you can check out their social to see what they have created. In this week's Tea, Jade found a piercer who had a social and actually posted a healed version of one of their piercings!
- Check for purple dots, meaning they are using the procedure to actually use a piercing marker on the spot where they wanna poke you so you can check it out!
- Ask your friends if they have piercings where they go! If you notice that they've had a really good piercing that healed really nicely and they had a good experience, always good to take that into consideration.
- This might be the most important make sure you're comfortable with whatever place you choose, feel confident in your research that you have chosen a place that is knowledgeable on the piercing you want, is clean, and will give you the best piercing experience possible!
Good luck on your piercing journey we certainly wish you the best! And once your piercing is all healed make sure to come back to bodycandy.com to get your new jewelry!!