The Tea: Piercing Funk
Hey Body Candy Fam!
Welcome to my weekly e-zine, The Tea! Here's another at-home version of The Tea today.
Hygiene is important... Even if you've been wearing sweatpants 7 days a week! Showering and self-care is still something you should practice - that's why this week we're talking about "piercing funk."
- What's that smell? Have you ever noticed a cheesy smell coming from your piercings - especially your stretched ears? That's what the piercing industry casually refers to as "piercing funk."
- Is it an infection? Probably not! It just means you should hop in the shower... But if you experience pain, green/yellow discharge, or a persistent smell, it's time to head into the doctor.
- Hygiene is important! Make sure you take out your plugs and gently wash around your stretched ears with a bit of soap. Take a minute to massage your lobes too!
- Clean your jewelry too - Don't put dirty jewelry back into your piercing. Take a second to wash your jewelry in warm, soapy water and rinse it thoroughly before you re-insert it.
- Materials matter - You can wear any material you like, but if you're having a problem with "funk," try an organic material like stone, wood, or bone. Organic jewelry "breathes" better than metal, acrylic, and silicone.
More content below! ♡
It's definitely because I'm stuck here at home, but making time to focus on myself has been a big part of my routine lately. A little bit of self-care can go a long way for mental health, physical health, and making things feel normal (whatever that means nowadays). If you're looking for something different - check out the collection above full of alternative and organic jewelry materials. Wood, stone, and bone are amazing in the ears - my favorite are a set of amethyst or rose quartz plugs! Speaking of skin care, I am still rocking our Christopher David Vitamin C serum in my day to day routine. It's making my skin feel bright, tight, firm, and brilliant, especially after a fresh shower. Last but not least, I've been digging on our cute dinosaur body jewelry - it's a cute little collection that is sure to draw a few looks... So check it out!
In case you want to know even more information about "piercing funk," like why it happens, what its made of, and some recipes for healthy and safe salt soaks, our blog this week is . We went EVEN FURTHER down the serum rabbit hole and dug up as much information as we could about the topic. This week's blog is - "Why Does My Piercing Smell Bad?" Knowledge is power - and in this case, knowledge smells nicer than the alternative... Read up and make sure you're washing those ears, bbs!
My Saturday e-mail, Dear Alley, is ready for all your great piercing-related questions. One of my favorite parts of working for Body Candy is hearing from all of our modded friends & fam, so please keep on sending me questions! Dear Alley is my go-to for answer all your pierced/modded questions at once. In case you haven't read yet, every week, I'll take your pierced and modded questions; then I answer them with my best Alley-themed advice. So please, if you have something you need answered, DearAlley@bodycandy.com! Send in a cute lil email and maybe (hopefully) you'll get answered! Dear Alley is one of many segments that we keep going on our Body Jewelry Blog. If you like The Tea, Dear Alley, and our Facebook LIVE series, we'll see you around!
Last but certainly not least, I'm issuing a NEW CLUB ALERT! We have TWO amazing new Monthly Club Subscriptions to offer :). You asked, we answered... The TONGUE RING CLUB is here! We know how tricky oral piercings can be, so we'll send you 3 fresh new tongue rings every month, delivered right to your door. If you're into skin care, we've also launched the Vitamin C Serum club. Like I said earlier, I love this new serum, and we think you will too. Now you can add this product to your routine at an incredible price - just $14.95. ICYMI, the Body Candy Monthly Club is a group of pierced/modified individuals who love increasing their collections month to month. We curate a unique and novel set of body jewelry keepsakes to keep you stylin' from month to month. We pack it up with love and send it out for you to fall in love with. Our members get three (3) wow-inducing jewelry options to keep your body mods looking chic. We've got something for just about everyone... cartilage jewelery, nipple jewelry, belly rings, nostril jewelry, tongue rings, septum jewelry, industrial bars, labret studs, vitamin c... and even t-shirts. (Vitamin) C you there!