Hello all! Welcome to The Tea! My name is Alley - this is my weekly pierced-and-modified-centric vlog where we talk about all sorts of stuff... If you like talking about body piercings, body jewelry, tattoos, and everything else modified, you're in the right place!
Let's talk about one of MY favorite piercings today... Stretched ears. For anyone who has considered pursuing this amazing body mod, one of the most common initial questions is, "how big can I stretch my ears?"
The answer is... It depends. It depends on your personal anatomy; how patient you are; and a few other important factors. Here's what's up:
- In case you're wondering the absolute limits of the human body, the world record holder for "largest stretched ears" is Monte Pierce - his lobes are stretched to 5" and 4" respectively!
- A significant factor in ear stretching size is your earlobe type. Your lobe can either be "free," which means you have a bit more to work with in terms of stretching, or "attached," which gives you a bit less anatomy to stretch.
- If you have attached earlobes... No worries! My earlobes are attached too, which made my stretching journey from 19mm to 25mm a real challenge.
- The key to a healthy and safe stretching journey is PATIENCE! Although you may have a set size in mind when you start your stretching journey, try to view it as a long and fulfilling experience instead of racing to the finish line. It's a marathon, not a sprint!
- Although methods like punching holes for stretched ears might exist, the long-term health of your lobes is much more important than stretching up too fast... Remember to listen to your body and wait until your ears feel comfortable at their current size before stretching up again (usually at least 4-6 weeks between sizes).
I try to keep The Tea short and sweet... It's purposely a quick little peek at something related to the piercing world. But sometimes you need just a little bit more in-depth of info... Which is why you should always stay tuned to our latest blog posts. This week's post is: How Big Can I Stretch My Ears? There's a lot to this issue that's hard to cover in one little vlog. For example, "how big is too big?" "How far can I stretch my ears before they won't close up again?" "Can I stretch my ears too big?" The answer is... It depends (again!). Stretching your ears is such a personalized experience that it is going to differ for every person's body. Some people will find that their skin is very elastic and you have no trouble at all getting to a larger size. For others, you might find that stretching is a long haul full of patience and a bit of discomfort. At the end of the day, it's important to listen to your body and not try to push yourself too far too fast. Check out the blog for even more resources related to stretching your ears as well.
Now for the good stuff... JEWELRY. We're always uploading new products to our site. New belly button rings, new septum rings, new industrial bars, you name it! Make sure you check out our new body jewelry collection from week to week. You never know what you'll find when you're checking out Body Candy's new jewelry section - here's a link to the collection. Since we're talking about stretched ears this week, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention our large selection of plugs, gauges, tapers, and tunnels. We've got sizes for every step of your stretching journey. And whether you're going from plug size to plug size or using tapers to slowly but surely stretch to different sizes, we've got you covered. My personal recommendation is any of our organic material plugs - think stone, bone, and wood! Check out all of our stretched ear jewelry here. They're beautiful. We all love them They're opals, and they make for an amazing stone for all of your jewelry needs. Opals come with lots of natural inclusions, which mean they sparkle and shimmer in different kinds of light. They also come in a ton of different colors... White, blue, pink, green, black, purple, red... You name it! Check out our most popular opal pieces in our Opal Love collection here.
If you like The Tea, you'll also love my Saturday advice column, Dear Alley! It's my chance to answer questions from Body Candy babes worldwide. Do you have a question for me? It could be anything! Are you wondering about piercing aftercare tips? Thinking about getting a new piercing but not sure what to expect? Just needing someone else's unbiased opinion about something on your mind. Your girl Alley's got you covered! Send me an email to DearAlley@bodycandy.com. Make it nice and include any comments/questions/compliments/concerns.... I've got your back!
Happy February y'all! That means we've got a brand new batch of monthly clubs to choose from. We have a monthly club for everyone! Do you have a belly button ring? We've got a belly ring club! Do you have a septum ring? Guess what, we've got a club for that too (and you can also wear those in your daith). What are the Body Candy monthly clubs? It's a collective of lots of pierced and modified folks who 1.) love being pierced, 2.) want to grow their body jewelry collection, and 3.) like to stay fresh and up-to-date when it comes to their piercings. Every month, we choose three (3) body jewelry pieces for each club, hand-pack them in a little Body Candy bag, and ship them right to your door. No hassle, no questions asked... Just fun, high-quality body jewelry, right on-schedule. There's even a discount (two months free) if you sign up for an entire year. What are you waiting for, sign up now!