The Tea: Body Language
Hey Body Candy Fam!
Hope you're enjoying all this beautiful weather, I know I am! Here's a fun one for this week's Tea. Listening to your body!
Disclaimer: I am not a professional piercer! If you think you're experiencing any issues with your piercing, it's time to contact your piercer or medical professional ASAP.
- Sometimes you just have to listen to what your body is telling you... Here's a little bit about recognizing your own personal "body language."
- First and foremost, if you think something is wrong with your piercing, it's ABSOLUTELY time to head in to your professional piercer or have it looked at by a doctor.
- Swelling and redness are totally normal, especially in the week or so after the initial piercing... But are you noticing your redness getting worse or spreading? Are you feeling a lot of pain? If so, time to talk to your piercer.
- Discharge! It's a scary word. Seeing liquid come out of your body is weird in any situation. A clear fluid is simply lymph fluid leaving the body and is totally normal. If it's pus-y/yellow/green or smelly, it's time to see a professional.
- In any situation, don't be afraid to reach out to a trusted piercer to ask questions! Most professionals are more than happy to help answer any concerns you may have.
More content below! ♡
There are lots of different ways to pierce your tongue. It's traditionally done right down the middle, but I'm sure you've heard of snake eyes, venom piercings, scoop piercings... Even tongue frenulums. Needless to say, there's a lot to take in when it comes to getting your tongue pierced. Did you know your tongue is actually a series of muscles? Did you know that the tongue is actually one of the quickest-healing piercings? If you're looking for more information, we wrote a cool little blog this week - it's called "Tongue Piercings: Everything You Need To Know About Tongue Rings." Check it out over on the blog!
It's mid-june now, and we're gonna be spending more and more time out in the sun. There's no better time than now to invest in protecting your skin from harmful UV rays. One great way to do so is a regular routine of using our Christopher David Vitamin C Serum. This powerful serum will keep your skin safe from the sun while also moisturizing and firming your skin. Using this powerful stuff before a sun-soaked selfie is going to help you look your best and brightest. We've also recently put together a new collection... UFOs and aliens. If you "want to believe" or think the "truth is out there," think about decking out your piercings with a sweet alien piece. We've got spaceships, alien heads, planets, and other mysterious stuff. Last but not least, it's bee season. I love seeing little bumblebees and honeybees buzzing around - what better way to show your support than to deck yourself out with some bee cuties in all your mods!
The Tea is my chance to talk about what's on my pierced and modded mind from week to week, but we found that we were getting a lot of questions afterwards that needed answering. That's why we started Dear Alley. It's my little "advice column" so-to-speak. There, I get to give little nuggets of advice to all you pierced and modded qts... So if you have a pierced or modded question, I've got your back! Send me an email to DearAlley@bodycandy.com - I choose three questions to answer per week.
Our June Monthly Clubs are currently out and about! In case you missed our Facebook LIVE session last week where we debuted all the clubs, they are currently live on our website! Are you wondering what our monthly clubs are? We decided that it was time to create a club for pierced/modified individuals who want to grow their collections ate the best possible price. We developed the Body Candy Monthly Club to do just that! It's an amazing collection of 3 body jewelry items delivered right to your door every month. I think you'd be surprised - we definitely have something cool for almost all of our pierced/modded folks. Up your jewelry collection and look fierce and fresh in the meantime. If you shop for and wear nose rings; belly rings; tongue rings; labret studs; cartilage studs; nipple rings; septum rings; industrial bars; t-shirts; and even a club for our new Vitamin C Serum, you're more than invited.